Learning Management System (LMS)
What Is An LMS?
A Learning Management System (LMS) is software that manages all aspects of learning including the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, development and delivery of educational courses, assessments, information, resources or training programs.
A (good) LMS should also be able to administer and schedule live webinars or events, workshops, seminars, classroom or instructor-led training, and manage physical resources such as classrooms, meeting rooms and equipment. It should also provide and facilitate communication including email notifications, forums, chats, and sharing of new and existing information, documentation, files, and any kind of media and support resources.
While some companies choose to install and maintain LMS software in-house on their own servers, organizations that purchase an LMS offered as SaaS (Software as a Service) where it is hosted and supported by the LMS provider find this tends to be more cost effective, safer, saving the time and expense of hiring or using their own IT staff.
Who Uses An LMS?
Businesses, organizations and educational institutions use LMS platforms as a way to offer or sell training, knowledge and skills assessment, manage their programs and document results. Individuals buy or are given access to an LMS to take courses, monitor results, test their knowledge and certify successful course or program completion.
Online Training and Learning Management is now the most widely used method for learning, teaching, managing, sharing and selling information for anyone or any group, including:
- Any size business needing employee training and management
- Administrators needing to create, manage & track training
- Companies requiring compliance training and reporting
- Organizations needing affordable enterprise-level LMS features
- Groups needing to register and track classroom (ILT) training
- Job seekers looking to add to their resume
- Employees wanting to improve skills and career advancement
- Individuals or companies wanting to create and sell courses
- Companies needing help with their existing LMS
Why Online Training Advantage?
After decades of experience in the Training and E-Learning industry and years of evaluating and working with many Learning Management and E-Commerce companies, Online Training Advantage has found and partnered with the finest providers in the industry. We make it a priority to fully understand your unique situation to best identify and address your training needs so we can offer you the most effective, affordable and easy to use LMS and Online Learning solutions available.
Save Time, Money & Improve Your Training
Companies that use a Learning Management System like ours generate significantly more revenue and have increased employee retention. Online Training and the LMS cuts down on the typical classroom instruction time by over 60%, eliminates costly conventional classroom training costs and travel expenses. It simplifies and reduces the time needed for training administration and custom course development and avoids costly work flow interruptions. You get a centralized training platform to provide consistent learning standards across the entire organization, allowing you to quickly deliver, manage and measure the results of all of your training and immediately respond and adapt to new changes.
Some of the main features of our LMS and Online Learning solutions that will enhance the quality of your Learning Program and increase productivity and your bottom line include:
- Affordable. All the features of an Enterprise level LMS but at a fraction of the cost with the best prices in the industry.
- Simple To Use. Our LMS is web-based so there is no hardware to install or software to download, and you can be up and running in minutes. Everything is designed to be intuitive and easy to use by any non-technical person, so no IT staff required.
- Powerful. Comprehensive features and tools for all aspects of creating, deploying, managing, customizing, selling, reporting and tracking all training related activity.
- Available 24/7 With Your Schedule, Pace & Device. The web-based LMS lets you access online learning and management anytime from anywhere with any internet connected computer, smartphone or tablet. Work at your own schedule and learn at your own pace.
- Customized Branded LMS. Use your own company logo, color scheme and personalized information and even have unique profiles for different organizational divisions for your own corporate branding.
- Scalable and Flexible. Can be used by individuals or any size organization whether a global enterprise with thousands of employees or smaller local businesses.
- Create Custom Courses & Quizzes. Built in course authoring tool make it easy to create your own online courses or quizzes, upload existing training materials or files including SCORM, documents, video, audio, PowerPoint, YouTube, PDFs and more.
- Knowledge & Skills Assessment. Easy to create quizzes to test pre and post training knowledge and use comprehensive reporting and tracking tools for measuring performance and results.
- E-Commerce LMS To Sell Your Courses. Simple and sophisticated E-Commerce LMS for selling online courses with flexible sales tracking and pricing tools.
- Ready to Go Online Courses. Over 850 online courses including corporate compliance and safety training, conflict and personnel management, Sales and Services training, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and much more
- Compliance Training and Reporting. Comprehensive tracking and reporting along with existing compliance courses provide all the tools needed to help organizations meet regulatory requirements.
- Course Development Services. Our professional course developers can create custom courses for you including planning, design, implementation and management. Or we can help train you to do most or all of it yourself in-house.
- Extensive Communication & Resource Sharing Tools. Easily provide Information & Resources throughout the entire organization with email, automatic notifications, scheduled announcements, surveys, forums, chat, and controlled access to any uploaded documents, media and resources you wish to provide.
- Rapid Deployment Of New Courses & Information. When sudden changes occur and new information and training must happen right away, our LMS makes it easy to quickly create and globally distribute new information, courses and resources across the entire organization regardless of how large or small.
- Outstanding Support. Includes live help, phone & email support, online ticket/support system for instant help, large number of excellent how-to videos and documentation and other resources for administrators and student. It is our top priority to help you any way we can.
- Automated Smart Assignment Rules. Create your own custom categories or classification fields that can be used to automatically assign matching users to appropriate courses, groups or teams.
- Advanced Reporting & Tracking. Flexible, powerful and easy to use reporting tools to track and measure all activities, course completions, assessment results, and your training ROI. Easy to export reports to spreadsheet or PDF format or use API to integrate with other systems such as HRIS.
- Automatic Notifications. Easily automate sending out invitations, reminders, notifications or surveys, and customize how administrators and users are automatically notified of any course or event activities, completion status and results.
- Training Paths, User Groups & Teams. Flexible features to assign users to your own customized training paths, user groups or teams simplifying the task of course enrollments and management, notifications, tracking activity and sending out information throughout companies or organizations with different divisions, departments or geographic locations.
- System Integration with SSO, API's, IP Restrictions. We offer Single Sign-On, API integration with other systems, and can restrict access by IP address as needed.
- Simple Access Permission Assignments. Easy to assign users, instructors or administrators appropriate access and management privileges.
- Schedule and Track Live Classroom Training & Resources. Our LMS can also be used to assign, track and document live classroom-based instructor-led training, events and classrooms and equipment, providing the perfect management solution for a blended training program.